Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- You have carefully reviewed and followed all instructions on preparing a paper and submitting a paper.
- A Peer Reviewer List has been completed for submission alongside your manuscript.
- You have attached proof of discounts (e.g., competition winner, emails) and waivers to publish in SFJ OR I agree if I do not have any discounts, there is a $400 CAD fee to publish the manuscript upon acceptance.
- You have reviewed this table to ensure that all required sections for your manuscript type are included in your submission document.
- In compliance with ensuring a blind review, you have removed all identifying information from the article text and prepared a separate title page with authorship information to be submitted alongside your manuscript.
- You have used the templates for article text or conference proceedings and a title page to prepare your submission.
- Your article text and title page are saved as Microsoft Word documents (.docx).
- Any and all figures (including equations and tables) have been included in the manuscript file AND provided as separate image files in the highest possible resolution. If your submission does not contain figures, you must still check this box.
Any and all tables are provided in text as
Microsoft Word tables. If your submission does not include tables, you must still check this box.
- Your submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or provide an explanation in Comments to the Editor below).
By agreeing to this copyright statement, the author(s) grant the STEM Fellowship Journal exclusive publishing rights for their work under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. This licensure gives the STEM Fellowship Journal (SFJ) the exclusive right to reproduce, publish, distribute, and store your manuscript in all forms of media during the full term of copyright and any extensions thereafter. Copyright of the work remains with the author(s).
The author(s) guarantee that their submission does not violate the copyright, privacy, or intellectual rights of a third party. Should copyrighted work(s) be included in your manuscript, the author(s) shall obtain all relevant copyright permissions to reproduce the content prior to submission of the manuscript.
The author(s) also guarantee that their manuscript has not been previously published as a peer-reviewed publication, in whole or part, in print and/or electronic format. If their submission is rejected, the author(s) agree to withhold submission of their manuscript to third parties until SFJ provides a written rejection notice or until 9 months have elapsed since confirmation of submission receipt.
Plagiarism includes the copying of text, data or figures, from another source without proper citation. Author(s) may not reproduce any content that (i) they did not generate themselves and/or (ii) has been previously published unless proper citation is provided or appropriate copyright permissions to reproduce the work(s) are obtained and submitted to SFJ. For further details, please visit the Canadian Science Publishing website.
By agreeing to this form, all author(s) confirm that:
- Each author has made a significant contribution to the composition of the manuscript and/or data analysis and no one other than the author(s) significantly contributed to the conception of the work. It is a violation of editorial policy to include individuals who did not contribute significantly to the writing of the manuscript.
- All data collection and analysis were performed transparently and accurately.
- All text, data, figures, and ideas are original work or have been accurately cited.
- The manuscript does not violate the privacy, publication, or other legal right of a third party. Appropriate permissions have been obtained from copyright owners for any external content included.
- Each author has viewed and approved the final manuscript (and any previous drafts) for submission.