Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in .doc or .docx format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in UBCUJP's Submission Guidelines.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The manuscript was written when the author was pursuing an undergraduate degree at UBC.
- The manuscript is not more than two years old.
- For research papers, you have gotten consent from your supervisor and have the consent form ready to submit
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
(1)Being an open access journal, UBCUJP will apply the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/legalcode, to all published works. Under this license, authors retain ownership and copyright to their article, but allow anyone to download and share articles in the UBCUJP, so long as the original author(s) and sources are cited and the works are not used for commercial purposes or altered in any way;
(2)The Author(s) grant the UBCUJP the right of first and exclusive distribution of the published work in print and/or online. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of UBCUJP’s published version of their work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in UBCUJP;
(3)The Author(s) warrant that permission to publish the article has not been previously assigned elsewhere;
(4)The Author(s) warrant that the contribution is original to them, except for any copyrighted material of others incorporated in it, and that the Author(s) will advise us of any material, either text or illustration or graphical, the rights for which are controlled by others. Where necessary, the Author(s) will obtain, before publication and at their expense, permission in writing from the owner of the copyright in that material for publication by us.