Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration. If an author wishes to have a previously published paper published in New Proposals the editors are to be informed at the time of submission with an explanation of why republishing is appropriate added to the comments section. Submissions that are accepted and then subsequently found to have been previously published in full or in part (without the author having notified the editors) will be summarily deleted from publication in New Proposals and the offer to publish will be withdrawn.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca) are activated and ready to click.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The text, if submitted to a peer-reviewed section (e.g., Articles), has had the authors' names removed. If an author is cited, "Author" and year are used in the bibliography and footnotes, instead of author's name, paper title, etc. The author's name has also been removed from the document's Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu.
- I have included an abstract at the beginning of the manuscript as well as key words.
- I will list THREE potential reviewers (including their current email addresses) for this manuscript in the "Comments to the Editor" section directly below.
- I will add a short biographical statement in the "Comments to the Editor" section directly below. In this biographical statement I will describe my research/ political interests, list my academic and/or professional affiliation, and provide any other biographical information that I would like to make available to the readers of this journal.