Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I have NOT submitted my manuscript to another publication. I agree that the manuscript will not be submitted to another publication until the editorial board of CJUR has reached a decision.
- All research has been conducted at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
- I have included a submission form along with my manuscript and used the appropriate submission template relevant to my type of manuscript.
- The article is in a Microsoft Word file (.doc or .docx) and in 1.5 spaced 12-point Times New Roman font. The submission does not exceed 3000 words (excluding references and figure captions).
- All citations are in APA style and are in-text.
- All lines in the text file are numbered.
- All illustrations and figures are submitted as separate PNG, BMP, RAW, or TIFF files of at least 300 dpi, and datasets for all figures and tables are submitted as clearly labelled spreadsheet files.
- All tables are submitted as separate Excel or CSV files.
- All illustrations, figures, and tables have been referred to in the main text.
- I have reviewed all the guidelines on the "For Authors" page on the CJUR Website (https://cjur.ca/for-authors/).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
The posting, reproduction, transmission or other distribution or use of the article submitted or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption (see below) or by written agreement of the Canadian Journal of Undergraduate Research, requires credit to Canadian Journal of Undergraduate Research as copyright holder (e.g., Canadian Journal of Undergraduate Research © 2021).
General terms and conditions
The failure of the Canadian Journal of Undergraduate Research to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between the Canadian Journal of Undergraduate Research and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.
Personal use exemptions
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from the Canadian Journal of Undergraduate Research provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author’s computer(s) and digital media (e.g., external hard drives, back-up servers, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)’s place of employment (e.g., a biochemistry student at the University of British Columbia can have her article appear in the University British Columbia’s Department of Biochemistry online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.