Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Entire manuscript is formatted consistently as a word document (.doc or .docx): size 12 Times New Roman font, double spaced, 1-inch margins, left justification. No title page, no additional formatting other than conventional formatting of scientific terms (e.g. italics, symbols).
- Manuscript text includes all mandatory sections. For research articles: Title, Authors, Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgements, References, Figure Legends. For review articles: Title, Authors, Abstract, Introduction, Conclusion, Acknowledgements, References, Figure Legends
- Section titles are bold and capitalized. Subsection titles are bold only. Individual sections and subsections are formatted according to specifications given in the UJEMI example manuscript.
- References are cited numerically in the text according to the order in which they appear, and they are listed in corresponding order in references section.
- Figure titles, figure captions, and tables (if applicable) are included at the end of the manuscript in size 12 Times New Roman font as indicated in the example manuscript, NOT as images.
- Figures are submitted separately as individual image files (.jpg or .png), NOT embedded in the manuscript.
- Figure file names last name of first author, year of submission, and figure number (i.e. " Chang_et_al_2020_Fig1.jpg")
- Manuscript file name includes first author last name, year, and “manuscript” (i.e. Chang_et_al_2020_Manuscript.docx")
- Supplementary material includes first author last name, year, and “supplemental” (i.e. Chang_et_al_2020_Supplemental.docx")
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.