Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I certify that the submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
I certify that all authors meet the Authorship requirements
An Author is someone who has made substantial contributions to the conception, design, or analysis of results of the study or manuscript. Someone involved strictly with tasks such as data collection or general supervision does NOT meet the criteria for authorship. Note that authors must take responsibility for verifying the integrity and accuracy of the work as whole.
Furthermore, an author will be designated as the corresponding author of the manuscript and will be responsible for submitting revised copies and adhering to submission deadlines. All contributors who do not meet the authorship requirements should be listed in the acknowledgement section (ex: technical assistance, funding, date collection etc.)
I agree to the Journal's confidentiality policy as outlined in the Editorial Policies
The author must agree that comments made by peer reviewers will NOT be made public without the express permission of the author, the reviewer, and the journal.
I agree to the Journal’s competing interests Policy and will submit conflict of interest entries for all involved authors
There is a space to declare conflicts of interest during the online submission process. There must be an entry for EACH author. Leave it black equates to having nothing to declare
- I agree to place this work under the Creative Commons License Agreement
- I take responsibility for the integrity of the work submitted in this manuscript
- I declare that authorization and consent has been obtained in the form of a Consent form or Release form respectively, to publish any of the following: 1) if the 1st author is NOT the primary investigator of the study (ex: Directed studies or Summer Student Research Project student), that consent of the primary investigator has been obtained to publish with this journal, 2) patient/subject data or personal information (ex: case reports), 3) information obtained from personal communications, 4) electronic multimedia files (photos, graphics, diagrams, videos etc.)
- I have filled out the Manuscript Cover Letter found in the Author folder, and will upload it in Step 4 (Uploading Supplementary Files)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
The names and contact information entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of UBC PSSJ and will not be made available for other purposes or to any other parties without permissionEditors and Peer Reviewers: All UBC PSSJ Editors and Peer Reviewers must agree to the following;
To keep confidential the contents of accepted materials until after publication
To respect the privacy and intellectual property rights of authors who submit materials to the Journal
To redistribute manuscript materials only with the express permission of the Journal
To not disclose or discuss the contents the review of a manuscript except to the Journal’s editorial team, even after publication of the manuscript
Authors: All Authors must agree to the following
Just as the authors’ right to confidentiality should not be violated while a manuscript is under review, so too must the reviewers’ confidentially be maintained. Therefore, the author must agree that comments made by peer reviewers will NOT be made public without the express permission of the reviewer and the Journal. Reviewers should note that reviewers’ comments will be made available to other reviewers of the manuscript as part of the editorial process.